TRADE FIVE IS YOUR BRIDGE TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE
Many Georgians want good-paying jobs and rewarding careers that don’t require a traditional college degree. Many of our state’s companies don’t have the skilled workers they need.
Trade Five helps bridge this gap.
Trade Five is a workforce initiative that shows Georgians the benefits and opportunities of careers in the “skilled trades” of five industries: Construction, Energy, Logistics, Manufacturing and Telecommunications.
By helping Georgians learn more about these trade jobs – and how to launch and grow a career as a tradesperson – Trade Five helps people and companies build their futures.
Who’s behind Trade Five?
- The Governor’s Office launched the Trade Five initiative in 2017.
- The Workforce Division of the Georgia Department of Economic Development operates the initiative, which is part of a broader strategy called the High-Demand Career Initiative, or HDCI.
- An Advisory Council made up of volunteers from Georgia’s business community provides valuable counsel.
- Additional strategy, funding and guidance are provided by representatives from the five industries through the Trade Five Foundation.
- Most of the funding for Trade Five is provided by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.